Guardteck Security Corp. is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. With over 750 employees, we focus on cultivating the right talent for the right job. The strength and culture of our company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows as well. Come be a part of our team and let’s grow together.
From office buildings to major shopping centres to residences and schools, our security team is at the forefront of professional facility services in Western Canada. Guardteck Security also provides security services to the largest concerts, festivals, live music venues and VIP events.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for Security Officers at a high profile location in Calgary, Alberta. You will be working with one of the best managed security companies in Western Canada. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service, effective problem-solving, and making sound decisions.
Upon successful completion of probationary period, comprehensive benefits package for eligible full time employees.
Hourly rate: $16.00 - $20.00
Reporting directly to the Security Manager, the Seurity Officers will:
- Follow policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
- Maintain physical presence
- Patrol the assigned areas
- Being proactive in the community to report vandalism and undesirable behavior
- Monitor security cameras and providing access to parkade/loading dock.
- Respond to emergency situations
- Write and document incident reports
- Providing customer service towards contractors and tenants upon requests and inquiries.
- Check for validations of contractors being allowed to work on property.
- Able to understand and use Fire Panel system
What you should have:
- Valid Alberta security license.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be fluent in English (Written and Verbal).
- Being able to work under pressure or in quick circumstances..
- Capability of working 12 hour Day shifts and Overnight shifts.
- Capability of walking for long periods of time.
Certification Requirements (Any)
Alberta Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This is a Full-Time position