Guardteck Security is a Western Canadian-based security company who has been providing professional security services to the Calgary area for the last eight years. Our difference is our commitment to our people – we offer the highest wages in Calgary with the best training programs. Our focus is exclusively towards servicing high profile commercial retail and office facilities. We service over 9 million square feet in downtown Calgary, so if you desire to work in a professional environment with unequalled opportunities for training and advancement, Guardteck is your employer of choice.
Guardteck Security also provides security services to the largest concerts, festivals, live music venues and VIP events.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for Security Guards at a high profile location in Calgary, Alberta. You will be working with one of the best managed security companies in Western Canada. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service, effective problem-solving, and making sound decisions.
Upon successful completion of probationary period, comprehensive benefits package for eligible full time employees.
Wage: $16 - $20 per hour
Reporting directly to the Security Manager, the Security Guard will:
- Follow policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
- Maintain physical presence
- Patrol the assigned areas
- Being proactive in the community to report vandalism and undesirable behavior
- Monitor security cameras and providing access to parkade/loading dock.
- Respond to emergency situations
- Write and document incident reports
- Providing customer service towards contractors and tenants upon requests and inquiries.
- Check for validations of contractors being allowed to work on property.
- Able to understand and use Fire Panel system
What you should have:
- Valid Alberta security license.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be fluent in English (Written and Verbal).
- Being able to work under pressure or in quick circumstances..
- Capability of working 12 hour Day shifts and Overnight shifts.
- Capability of walking for long periods of time.
Certification Requirements (Any)
Alberta Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This is a Full-Time position