Guardteck is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows with us. Come be a part of our team and grow with us. #securitywithperks
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Secuirty is hiring Security Officers for 2 of the shopping malls in Kamloops! Join a team that takes pride in their work, always welcomes new staff, and continually get to enjoy meeting new people in an exciting environment!
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
What you will get:
- $18/hr to start
- AST and OFA Training for the right candidates
- Perks and benefits for full timers
- Career advancement
Who we are looking for:
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Experience in working as a security guard or customer service experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Must be familiar with handling vagrants and intoxicated persons
- Must be confident in verbal conflict de-escalation
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Comfortable working alone or with a diverse team
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Flexible availability (afternoon & weekend shifts)
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
- Flexible Schedule
- Medical & Dental Benefits (Full time)
- Easy access to manager at all times
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you, please apply now!
This is a Full and Part-Time position