Guardteck Security is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 15 years ago on the belief that “Everything and Everyone Matters”, Guardteck has become an employer of choice for security professionals with a focus on building people and teams. Our "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to providing security services has driven our success in the industry. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff and their growth as professionals. Come be a part of our team and grow with us.
Enjoy access to training and work opportunities in the many sectors Guardteck services as well as employee perks that show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is hiring Security Guards for shopping malls in Kamloops!
Join a team that takes pride in their work, always welcomes new staff, and continually get to enjoy meeting new people in an exciting environment!
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
What you will get:
- $18.36/hr to start
- AST and OFA Training for the right candidates
- Career advancement
- Flexible Schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package (Full time employees only)
- Easy access to manager at all times
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Experience in working as a security guard or customer service experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Must be familiar with handling vagrants and intoxicated persons
- Must be confident in verbal conflict de-escalation
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Comfortable working alone or with a diverse team
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Flexible availability (afternoon & weekend shifts)
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you, please apply now!
Certification Requirements (Any)
British Columbia Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This is a Full and Part-Time position