Guardteck Security Corp. is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. With over 750 employees, we focus on cultivating the right talent for the right job. The strength and culture of our company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows as well. Come be a part of our team and let’s grow together.
From office buildings to major shopping centres to residences and schools, our security team is at the forefront of professional facility services in Western Canada. Guardteck Security also provides security services to the largest concerts, festivals, live music venues and VIP events.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for Security Officers in Surrey, BC. You will be working with one of the best managed security companies in Western Canada. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service, effective problem-solving, and making sound decisions.
Hourly Rate: $17.00 - $18.00 (DOE)
Available shifts: Morning, Afternoon and Overnight shifts are available
Reporting directly to the Security Manager, the Patrol Officers will:
- Follow policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
- Maintain physical presence
- Patrol the assigned areas
- Inspect all parking lots for unauthorized overnight parking
- Desk duties, including, but not limited to greeting customers, answering telephone calls, monitoring CCTV, monitoring alarms, and access control
- Enforce policies to ensure a safe and welcoming, family friendly environment
- Be proactive in the community to report vandalism and undesirable behavior
- Respond to emergency situations
- Write and document incident reports
- Use verbal de-escalating skills to resolve potential conflicts
- Handle vagrants and intoxicated persons
What you should have:
- Valid BC Security License
- 6 months of experience in security
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Experience with handling emergency situations while remaining calm
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extended Health Benefits for full time employees (Medical, Dental, Life, Vision)
- Easy access to manager at all times
If you are ready to become a part of Guardteck Security and grow together, submit your application with your resume today!
Certification Requirements (Any)
British Columbia Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full and Part-Time position