Guardteck Security Corp. is a BC-owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 15 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients, and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. With over 750 employees, we focus on cultivating the right talent for the right job. The strength and culture of our company is built upon the investment in our staff and, as we grow, our staff grows as well. Come be a part of our team and let’s grow together.
From office buildings to major shopping centres to residences and schools, our security team is at the forefront of professional facility services in Western Canada. Guardteck Security also provides security services to the largest concerts, festivals, live music venues, and VIP events.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security Is a growing company and we are looking for others with goals and ambitions that align with ours. These are dynamic Security positions that require experienced professionals within the security industry to fill. There will be unique requirements to be qualified to for an interview. We are looking to fill some positions with the right professional individuals. Those with Licenses that are starting with E17 and down will have priority to be contacted first. If you are looking for a dynamic workplace with the opportunity of growth and experience. I encourage you to apply us. Looking forward to meeting with you.
Guardteck Security is looking for Security Officers in Surrey, BC. You will be working with one of the best-managed security companies in Western Canada. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service, effective problem-solving, and decision making.
Hourly Rate: Starting at $16.50
Available Shifts: Morning / Afternoon / Overnight
What you will be doing:
- Following policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
- Enforcing policies to ensure a safe and welcoming, family friendly environment
- Being proactive in the community to report vandalism and undesirable behavior
- Respond to emergency situations
- Writing and documenting incident reports
- Maintaining physical presence
- Using verbal de-escalating skills to resolve potential conflicts
- Handling vagrants and intoxicated persons
What you should have:
- Valid BC Security License
- Experience in security
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Experience with handling emergency situations while remaining calm
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
If you are ready to become a part of Guardteck Security and grow together, submit your application with your resume today!
Certification Requirements (Any)
British Columbia Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full and Part-Time position