Guardteck Security is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 15 years ago on the belief that “Everything and Everyone Matters”, Guardteck has become an employer of choice for security professionals with a focus on building people and teams. Our "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to providing security services has driven our success in the industry. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff and their growth as professionals. Come be a part of our team and grow with us.
Enjoy access to training and work opportunities in the many sectors Guardteck services as well as employee perks that show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing and experienced Security Guard for various day-time and evening storefront shifts happening at the Walmart in Haney Place Mall in Maple Ridge, BC.
Wage: $17-$19 per hour
Shift Details: 07:00 - 15:00 and 15:00 to 23:00 (various days)
You will report to the Store Manager on duty in the field and to Guardteck Supervision & Management.
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Comfortable working with a team
- Physical Presence
- Assertive Customer Service skills to deter theft
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Top-notch customer service, with previous experience, considered a strong asset
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Able to patrol and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
- Must be a team player, honest, and reliable
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Class 5 driver's license is an asset but is not mandatory
Certification Requirements (Any)
British Columbia Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This is a Full and Part-Time position