Guardteck Security is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 15 years ago on the belief that “Everything and Everyone Matters”, Guardteck has become an employer of choice for security professionals with a focus on building people and teams. Our "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to providing security services has driven our success in the industry. Our strength as a company is built upon the investment in our staff and their growth as professionals. Come be a part of our team and grow with us.
Enjoy access to training and work opportunities in the many sectors Guardteck services as well as employee perks that show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for Security Officers for Full Time Overnight positions in Victoria, BC. You will be working with one of the best-managed security companies in Western Canada. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service, effective problem-solving, and decision making.
Wage: $20 - $21 per hour
Available Shifts: Two-week rotation schedule of four on-three off 1900-0700
Reporting directly to the Security Manager, the Security Officers will:
- Follow policies and procedures of Guardteck and the Client.
- Enforce policies to ensure a safe and welcoming, family friendly environment
- Be proactive in the community to report vandalism and undesirable behavior
- Respond to emergency situations
- Writie and document incident reports
- Maintain physical presence
- Use verbal de-escalating skills to resolve potential conflicts
- Handle vagrants and intoxicated persons
What you should have:
- Valid BC Security License and OFA 1
- 6 months of experience in security
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Experience with handling emergency situations while remaining calm
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
If you are ready to become a part of Guardteck Security and grow together, submit your application with your resume today!
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This is a Full-Time position