Guardteck Security Corp. is a BC owned and operated security firm providing professional security services throughout Western Canada. Founded over 10 years ago on the values of hard work, loyal clients and a strong team, Guardteck continues to grow and exceed client expectations with a "Safety Through Customer Service Excellence" approach to security services. With over 750 employees, we focus on cultivating the right talent for the right job. The strength and culture of our company is built upon the investment in our staff, and as we grow, our staff grows as well. Come be a part of our team and let’s grow together.
From office buildings to major shopping centres to residences and schools, our security team is at the forefront of professional facility services in Western Canada. Guardteck Security also provides security services to the largest concerts, festivals, live music venues and VIP events.
Job Skills / Requirements
Guardteck Security is looking for friendly, outgoing and experienced security guard for part-time and full-time happening daytime, evenings and weekends in Vernon, BC.
Successful candidates will demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, the ability to maintain self-control and make quick decisions during emergency situations.
Starting Wage: $19.00/hour
- Valid British Columbia security license
- Previous Retail Security is preferred
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to do foot patrol and stand for long periods of time
- Able to complete high-quality reports
- Top-notch customer service, with previous experience, considered a strong asset
- Professional approach to role; acting in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
- Comfortable working alone or with a diverse team
- Must be able to follow procedure and set routines effectively
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Flexible availability (afternoon & weekend shifts)
- Must be ready to meet new people and have a great time at work
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Class 5 driver's license is an asset but is not mandatory
Why work with us?
Enjoy access to employee perks that are geared to show our employees that we value their service and are continually looking for new ways to improve your experience with the company.
Earn a competitive wage and be ready to get recognized for hard work, achievements, and tenure.
Join a team that takes pride in their work, always welcomes new staff, and continually get to enjoy meeting new people in an exciting environment!
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This job reports to the management
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2