Flexible Scheduling Available and UNLIMITED PTO!
About Star Protection and Patrol:
At Star Protection & Patrol, we pride ourselves on being the most dependable and reliable. That is what we look for in our prospective employees, and that is what we recognize and reward in our active employees.
We see each of our employees as an individual. We don't want to put a square peg in a round hole. That is why we engage directly with each of our employees to ensure the highest levels or employee effectiveness and employee satisfaction. Star Protection & Patrol employees are engaged. We recognize the talents of our employees, and we put our employees in a position to use those talents on a consistent basis.
Selection and Placement:
Our selection and placement process are specially designed to evaluate your individual strengths and to place you where you will thrive as a Star Protection & Patrol employee. Do you love seeing and talking to new people every day? Or do you appreciate solitude on your shifts? Do you enjoy multitasking while keeping alert to security threats? Or do you prefer to focus on one task at a time? No matter the answer to these questions, we will work with you to place you in a position that best suits your personal and professional strengths.
At Star Protection & Patrol, we want you to know exactly what is expected of you so you can perform your best. To that end, our officers receive pre-site, on-the-job, and on-going training with all Post Orders clearly written and reviewed by our support services team. We also offer training and licensing fee assistance to all of our new officers.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Identify and develop specific recruiting strategies to build an ongoing, ready pipeline of qualified candidates to meet the company’s hiring needs at all times. Strategies must be all encompassing to incorporate all available recruitment sources, while building a consistent approach across the assigned region.
- Partnering with the Management – develop strategies to proactively recruit and meet hiring needs. Attend branch meetings as agreed with branch management, and present strategies and ideas for expanding “spinning plates”. Constantly review and strategize with branches on Open Post reports, upcoming new account needs, and replacement personnel needs.
- Work with Management to develop and maintain a “Recruiting Toolbox” of ideas, flyers, brochures, and methods that can be modified and adapted to each hiring need and region as appropriate. Includes creating a “Resource Binder” of all existing (and ongoing new) recruiting techniques and resources, contact names and numbers, frequency, effectiveness, etc.
- Assist in the development of a “policy and procedure” for the recruiting process to build consistency and continuity, as well as ensure full utilization of all available resources.
- Provide support, training and assistance to staff in managing applicant tracking within the automated applicant tracking system, as well as managing specific areas of ATS related to recruiting activities (i.e., posting job openings, etc.)
- Administer recruiting measures and provide analysis and recommendations for adjusting techniques and strategies to meet targets. Includes completing weekly or monthly reports on hiring, effectiveness of recruiting sources, costs vs. return on investment, projections for future growth, and other useful data as directed by the Management. Be able to turn analysis into action plans by proactively anticipating and responding to trends.
- Review existing hiring and interviewing practices and make recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Involves making regular branch site visits, analyzing existing methods, learning about unique branch needs, and establishing effective strategies to drive the applicant hiring process for better interview to hire ratios. May also conduct training and/or coaching on effective interview techniques, and make recommendations for improving applicant processing techniques within responsible branches.
- Assist with in-office hiring activities on a planned or periodic ‘as needed’ basis, by holding branch hiring events, and assisting in interviewing and hiring process during peak times, or for special hiring events.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma (or equivalent GED) required, with 3-5 years of related experience recruiting in a fast-paced, high volume environment preferred.
- Proven experience turning goals into action by creating and executing strategies and plans to achieve objectives. Must be goal-oriented with demonstrated ability to interact successfully in unfamiliar or new environments to accomplish hiring goals.
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, but also take direction from all levels of managers within the assigned region, which may result in having to re-prioritize work activities on a regular basis.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Should have good comfort level with integrating multiple applications to streamline operations through technology solutions. Effective use of technology to create meaningful reports and measurements required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Must have a clean driving record, possess a valid driver’s license and minimum required insurance, and have a reliable vehicle for regular driving.
- Must have the flexibility and ability to travel periodically/regularly, depending on company needs, with some overnight travel required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Education Requirements (Any)
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits we provide:
- Direct Deposit
- Special Bonuses
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Vacation
- Uniform Cleaning Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- License Fee Assistance
- State Training, where applicable
Veteran Increased Participation:
We believe our United States Military personnel have proven themselves to be among the “Most Dependable and Reliable.”
Therefore, active United States Military in GOOD STANDING or Veterans with an HONORABLE DISCHARGE will be given the following:
- Priority hiring
- Placement at a post that best suits their personal strengths
- Time off to fulfill any ongoing military commitments
- Direct access to the District Captain
Star Protection & Patrol, recognizes the sacrifices the men and women that serve our great country make. We that that supporting our troops also supports the United States of America.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Star Protection & Patrol is committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job-seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application please contact us at HR@starprotectionandpatrol.com This email will assist disabled job-seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online.
Disclaimer:The STAR Organization hires applicants based solely upon merit and considers a variety of factors, including skills and ability to perform the job, prior satisfactory employment, and employment references as to character and willingness to work. We do not discriminate or on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected status. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation, and no employee is required to pay dues to any labor organization to join our team. We accept job applications at all times. When openings become available, we reserve the right to first review applications already on file. Applications remain in an active file or one (1) year. It is the applicant’s responsibility to keep our hiring personnel informed of his or her availability. Any applicant who falsifies or omits information on the application is disqualified from being hired. If the employee has been hired before falsification or omission is discovered, he or she may be subject to termination.
If you are unable to apply online or have limited internet access, please call our business office at 920 – 527 – 0510 to schedule an in person appointment to complete an application.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Vice-President
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1