West Michigan Janitorial provides industry-leading janitorial service to businesses in West Michigan. We employ nearly 400 Custodians and Janitors for positions cleaning in commercial environments.
We are looking for several Custodians/Janitors to serve the Kent County Animal Shelter.
Responsibilities of the Custodian/Janitor:
- Clean and restock restrooms
- Empty Trash recepticles
- Dust office equipment
- Wipe down hard surfaces
- Vaccum, sweep, mop floors
- Clean interior windows/ doors
- Clean exam rooms
- wash, dry, fold laundry,
Job Skills / Requirements
Requirements of Custodian/Janitor:
- No prior experience required
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use motorized equipment (vacuum, hand operated floor cleaners)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety related materials
- To be considered for full-time, you must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a background check
Custodians/Janitors have daily exposure to cleaning solutions.
Additional Information / Benefits
This position is 3 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Applicants need to be comfortable working in a setting with animals, including large dogs.
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift.