West Michigan Janitorial provides industry-leading janitorial service to businesses in West Michigan. We employ over 400 Custodians and Janitors for positions cleaning in commercial environments as well as School Meal/ Recess Support/ Aides.
We are looking for several School Meal/ Recess Support/ Aides to help support children and staff. These roles are during school hours only so ideal for those with school age children, those that want limited hours and those that may be retired and want to work a limited amount of hours!
Responsibilites of School support staff may include, but are not limited to:
- Helping prepare and serve food
- Cleaning up after meals
- Monitoring children on recess
- Assiting children getting on and off buses
- Light cleaning to help keep buildings looking nice during the day
Job Skills / Requirements
- Requirements of School Lunch/ Recess Aides:
- No prior experience required
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety related materials
- Ability to retain proper student & staff boundaries
- This position requires completely clean criminal history with no misdemeanor or felony convictions. Applicants will be required to undergo fingerprint background checks.
Available School Lunch/ Recess Aide positions:
- Meal (breakfast/lunch) support/ Aide
- Floater or Sub-cook
- Recess & Bus Aide
- Pre-K & Day porter
Additional Information / Benefits
School Cafeteria/Lunchroom Aide positions are part-time
Pay range: $13-$18 per hour, depending on position.
Shift times vary. Eligible applicants should plan to be available during school hours.
This job reports to the Jane Suddieth
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift.