West Michigan Janitorial provides industry-leading janitorial service to businesses in West Michigan. We employ nearly 400 Custodians and Janitors for positions cleaning in commercial/school environments.
We are looking for a Day porter/ custodian/ Janitor to service Newaygo Public Schools.
Responsibilities of the Custodian/Janitor
- Clean and restock restrooms
- Empty Trash recepticles
- Dust office equipment
- Wipe down hard surfaces
- Vaccum, sweep, mop floors
- Clean interior windows/doors
- Light building maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- snow blowing
- cutting grass
- other outdoor tasks
Job Skills / Requirements
Requirements of Custodian/Janitor:
- No prior experience required
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use motorized equipment (vacuum, hand operated floor cleaners)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety related materials
- Strong Attention to Details
- Great Attendance
- Ability to work independently as instructed
- Ability to work additional shifts/ hours is prefered, but not required
Custodians/Janitors have daily exposure to cleaning solutions and chemicals.
Eligible candidates would have a clean criminal history and would pass background check and fingerprinting.
Additional Information / Benefits
Compensation for Custodian/Janitor position:
$14.50 per hour
Shifts available: Days
Monday-Friday (No Weekends!)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Chris Reinhart/Gina Gerdes
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 10