Reports To: Program Director
Schedule: Flexible schedule Monday-Friday as available.
Rate of Pay: $12.69/hour
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted human service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
The Substitute Child Specialist Program provides additional staff to support our School-Age Programs (CLC's) and Early Childhood Development Center. Substitute staff offer coverage during absences of direct care staff while gaining relevant work experience within CEDARS programs.
- Cover shifts for direct care staff within our School-Age Programs and Early Childhood Development Center when they need time off
- Maintain safety of children, most often between ages of 0-11
- Daily documentation of children in care
- Engage children in educational and recreational activities
- Provide support with positive behavior management and structure for children
- Facilitate groups addressing social skills, educational needs, and enrichment activities
- Create and maintain positive relationships with children, families and program staff
Job Skills / Requirements
- 19 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working with children
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Basic understanding of routines and expectations for children 0-11
- A genuine interest in and concern for all youth and families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED Required
This is a Part-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 4