Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Schedule: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM with some evenings and weekends on call.
Rate of Pay: $20.00/hour
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted human service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
The CEDARS Foster Care team works closely with children, biological parents, and foster families to build and maintain healthy relationships. We serve children birth to 18 years of age whose needs can be met in a structured, nurturing, specialized foster home environment. We help youth move from crisis to a stable situation all the while working to either return the youth home safely or find permanency in the form of adoption, guardianship, or independent living. Respite care, support groups and extensive training opportunities are also available for kids and families, as well as 24 hour support.
- Support youth in foster care
- Provide support and training to foster parents
- Serve as a liaison to schools, DHHS, court and other agencies
- Ensure that the foster youth is successful while placed in a foster home
- Coordinate services to meet the needs of youth who are in foster homes
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned foster youth and families
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date
- Develop youth driven service plans
- Conduct visits in the foster family’s home in order to understand their specific needs, family dynamic and culture
Job Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in social work, human services, psychology, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience working with children and families and/or other work related experience is preferred.
- Must possess a genuine interest in and concern for all youth and families.
- Strong communication skills. *Bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills strongly preferred*
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care.
- A self-starter who can work independently.
- A collaborative team member who enjoys building relationships with others.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to child and family centered service delivery and family preservation.
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor's Degree Required
Additional Information / Benefits
As a full-time active employee, you are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- medical, dental, and vision coverages
- flexible spending accounts and health spending accounts
- personal leave, emergency leave, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- retirement plan with 5% company match
- life & long-term disability insurance
- employee assistance program
- wellness and engagement program
- early childhood childcare discount
- opportunities to collect overtime hours if desired
- shift differentials for certain shifts worked and holidays
- mileage reimbursement
- extensive training and professional development opportunities
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Childcare Discount
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1