Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Starting pay - $17.00 an hour!
Sign On Bonus - $500 after working here for 90 days!
Benefits begin on your 31st day of employment.
Great Opportunity for First Shift only in a family owned and friendly workforce!
Under routine supervision, daily prepares workstation with necessary materials and operates the VBU automatic packaging machines ensuring accurate, efficient production is maintained. Will be responsible for critical adjustments and troubleshooting on VBU machines.
Team member understands and supports the vision of the company. This person should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks have been completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Additionally they will ensure that team member tasks are understood, monitored & accomplished. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilize & embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety 1st, quality 2nd, & production 3rd will be accepted & required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Performs a variety of operations related to production packaging using a VBU machine ensuring proper weight calibration, label registration, adequate powder and film levels, clean seal, including quality testing equipment. 35%
Gathers materials for daily packaging needs such as powder, film, liquid, boxes, etc. per manufacturing order and sets up work station for efficient production. 25%
Packs finished product into boxes and loads onto skids for warehouse storage or shipment. 10%
Cleans machine and work area daily. 10%
Input required parameters into VBU machine/ AMS auger per manufacturing order. Re-zero calibration and sets high speed scales. 10%
Follow all ISO 13485 SOP and work instructions guidelines. Learn and follow all current FDA required good manufacturing practices to consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications. 10%
Performs other functions or duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of VBU machine operation including loading, weight adjustments, label registration, etc.
- Knowledge of the different types of products packaged and their individual characteristics that require specific adjustments on the packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of all production processing operations including filling, sealing, palletizing, warehouse and loading.
- Ability to stoop, climb and bend to operate the VBU machines; bend to retrieve fallen envelopes and make machine adjustments. Occasionally climb ladders and steps. Requires constant standing and walking
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Manual hand and finger dexterity to operate buttons and touch screen controls of VBU equipment. Sufficient data entry skills also to produce labels for packages.
- Math and reading skills sufficient to comprehend manufacturing order, set up, read scales and microprocessors controls of the packaging equipment.
- Hearing sufficient to detect operational malfunctions of the equipment should they occur.
- Communicate sufficiently and have the ability to work in a team environment to accurately receive and give information related to packaging equipment operation with supervisors, team members and other production departments.
- Mechanical aptitude to adjust and troubleshoot minor malfunctions of equipment.
- Follow all safety guidelines for production and equipment procedures (ie. Lock Out/ Tag Out) including physically able to wear negative pressure respirator on a regular basis.
- Ability to learn to operate forklift and other required material handling equipment.
Summary Education & Experience Required
High School diploma or GED and six to twelve months experience in production manufacturing.
- Works in a non-climate controlled production environment with daily exposure to extremes of temperature and dust.
- Some products handled and packaged contain silica, and in some circumstances the operator is required to wear a negative pressure respirator.
- Potential hazards of exposure to pinch points at heat sealers and hot surfaces on heat sealers.
Education Requirements (Any)
GED or Higher
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Matt Miller
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2