Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Starting pay - $17.00 an hour!
Sign On Bonus - $500 after working here for 90 days!
Benefits begin on your 31st day of employment.
Great Opportunity for First Shift only!
Great Opportunity to work 1st Shift in a family owned and friendly workforce!
Under routine supervision be able to work as a team in the operation of the Packaging Line. Cooperates and participates fully as part of the Packaging Team in the operation of the Gypsum/Phosphate powder packaging lines.
Team member understands and supports the vision of the company. This person should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks have been completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Additionally they will ensure that team member tasks are understood, monitored & accomplished. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilize & embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety 1st, quality 2nd, & production 3rd will be accepted & required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Be able to work in all areas of the Packaging Line system including filling operation, middleman, and pallet off bearing. Ensuring efficient and accurate filling, packaging and labeling of powder products. - 50%
Operate all equipment associated with Packaging Line system. This includes: Box Erectors, tape machines, Accurate Fillers, vacuum and dust control systems. Performs routine maintenance, repairs, adjustments and cleaning of equipment. 20%
Ability to reassemble and disassemble all equipment on line for production. Operate forklift and electric pallet jack. 10%
Transfer powder from warehouse to filling line, transfer filled products from filling line to warehouse and transfer empty IBC’s to IBC staging area. 5%
Keep records of type of powder, number of IBC used, and number and type container filled. Communicates with co-workers and Lead Person on Packaging Line Operations. 5%
Perform all other functions or duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of accurate machine operation, including adjustments for various products, breakdown and cleaning and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Speed and manual hand and finger dexterity to operate all packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of all production processing operations including filling, sealing, palletizing, warehouse and loading.
- Mechanical aptitude to adjust and troubleshoot minor malfunctions of equipment.
- Ability to read scale and input proper information into loading system.
- Math and reading skills sufficient to comprehend manufacturing order and set up and operate scales for weighing product and operation of packaging equipment.
- Follow all safety guidelines for production and equipment procedures (ie. Lock Out/ Tag Out)
- Communicate sufficiently and have the ability to work in a team environment for efficient packaging line production.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to learn to operate forklift and other required material handling equipment.
- Physically able to wear negative pressure respirator on a regular basis.
- Hearing sufficient to detect operational malfunctions of the equipment should they occur.
- Occasionally climb ladders and steps.
- Frequently required to bend, reach overhead, and grasp material to assemble and close boxes, dip powder or set up equipment.
Summary Education & Experience Required
High School diploma or GED and six to twelve months experience in production manufacturing.
Works in a non-climate controlled production environment with daily exposure to extremes of temperature and dust.
- Some products handled and packaged contain silica, and in some circumstances the operator is required to wear a negative pressure respirator.
- Potential hazards of exposure to pinch points.
Education Requirements (Any)
GED or Higher
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Matt Miller
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 3