Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Under general direction, promotes sales and provides higher-level technical assistance on more complex issues to dentists, dental laboratories, Whip Mix dealers, etc. by answering questions and offering assistance beyond routine customer service inquiries. Develops and presents continuing education programs regarding correct use of company products. Coordinates and plans the activities of the Technical Support Team. Responsible for customer communication to support and maintain equipment and software. Maintains an orderly and systematic workflow; ensuring customer support is timely and systems are functioning properly.
Embraces company policies and procedures to institute changes as a part of a project, such as ISO 13485:2016 quality procedures, continuous improvement procedures, and new product development procedures. Acts as a change agent to bring best-in-class ideas and processes to Whip Mix’s operations as the company transitions from a high mix, medium volume original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to a product mix of OEM and distribution.
Understands and supports the vision of the company. This person should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks are completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilized and embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety first, quality second and production third will be accepted and required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Cordinates activities and scheduling for Technical Support Team. Devises work schedules, implements deadlines, plans workloads, allocates tasks and monitors progress against targets, recruits, trains, motivates and helps team reach their professional development goals, conducts performance reviews, maintains training records, develops, monitors and maintains team metrics and goals for customer satisfaction using current software. -25%
Second tier response for technical assistance to dentists, laboratories, dealers and other customers on a variety of complex problems regarding products. Uses critical thinking skills and expertise to provide solutions via telephone and written correspondence. 25%
Develops and maintains a knowledge base of technical support related inquiries and issues based on customer feedback through ticketing system software. 25%
Conducts equipment and software training and product demonstrations at customer’s facility or at WMC. Develops, utilizes and maintains records of training protocol. 15%
Develops and presents continuing education programs via webinars, tradeshows and meetings. Represents Whip Mix as a technical representative at dental labs, meetings and dental offices. 10%
Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Strong verbal communication skills needed for product demonstrations and fielding customer inquiries.
- Indepth knowledge of dental industry terminology and technology.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate dental laboratory functions to dental technicians, lab technicians and dentists.
- Excellent computer skills combined with writing skills and presentation development for developing published articles, training, demonstrations and non-verbal communications.
- Strong analytical skills for trouble shooting customer problems.
- Ability to make product demonstrations to various groups of current and potential customers.
- Skills to conduct laboratory experiments.
- Business skills relating to product positioning such as sales forecasting, marketing specifications, etc.. Basic supervisory skills including organizing and scheduling of activities, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Expert ability to understand and meet learner needs based on delivery preference, subject matter, and business goals and outcomes.
- Expert ability to evaluate variances in learning styles within an audience.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills to convey information to users, team members and broader audiences in an effective and professional manner.
- Excellent leadership skills to oversee and coordinate tasks as well as motivate and encourage the team to define the activities that will be required to complete the project goals.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to elicit factual information, discuss pros and cons, and then formulate the best solution that can be implemented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to bring a team together, move them in one direction together, and align goals with Whip Mix’s organizational goals. Needs to have proven skills in delegation, conflict management, and coaching others.
Education & Experience Required
B.B.A. or B.S. degree or similar degree in dental technology and 2 years’ experience that can be demonstrated in the lab; one year experience in presenting training or techniques to dental professionals; requires demonstrated team leadership skills. Experience working on a team with other Technical Reps required.
Typical office or classroom type environment with some laboratory work involved. Travels 25%.
Remote work is not available with this position.
Education Requirements (Any)
B.B.A. or B.S. degree in dental technology and 2 years experience
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Margaret Overmeer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1