Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Remote opportunity! Benefits available aftee 30 days.
Holiday pay immediately.
Under moderate supervision, the Lab Technical Trainer and Field Engineer position is responsible for conduct Digital equipment installations, training and repairs for customers.
The technician will prepare equipment (PC’s, scanner, Mills, 3D Printers, etc.) for installation. Responsible for technical support and assisting customers to increase their proficiency with the CAD/CAM software and hardware. The individual is responsible for assisting internal and external customers with digital products.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for installation, training and training of all digital equipment purchased and placed into the customer’s facility. - 50%
Provide first level support to all customers. Coordinate internal and external resources to escalate issues to senior level support. - 30%
Provide continuous training for all new and updated procedures as they pertain to the DTS division. - 10%
Maintain upgrades and compliance requirements for software. - 5%
Maintain training and installation records of all digital equipment - 5%
Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Excellent communication skills needed for training customers in the proper operation of CAD/CAM system and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers on product usage and quality as a technical support person and to communicate company needs and quality standards.
- Ability to learn and understand essentials of dental materials and dental technology/terminology.
- Ability to operate personal computers and software packages relating to 3D digital processes and database applications.
- Ability to apply basic upgrades to PC’s and other related equipment.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills for developing/presenting training and performing customer support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software products, including Word, Access and Excel.
- Ability to think logically in solving complex problems, present results with clarity and precision in writing and/or graphic form.
- Manual hand and finger dexterity to operate and set up machines.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to lift 50 + pounds of equipment
- Must be able to acquire a Passport for international travel and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Summary Education & Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or 2-4 years of business-related experience required. Prior experience in dental CAD/CAM preferred.
Remote or On-site optional
Possibility of up to 50% travel including international travel.
Education Requirements (Any)
BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
Associate Degree or 2 Year Tech Degree
Associates Degree in business related/admin field.
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Margaret Overmeer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2