Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Starting pay - $18.00 an hour and Sign On Bonus - $500 after working here for 90 days!
Benefits begin on your 31st day of employment.
Great Opportunity for First Shift only working in a smaller family orientated work environment.
Job Skills / Requirement
Under limited supervision, prepares customer orders for will call, small package and domestic freight for shipping by various modes. This includes gathering, palletizing/boxing, wrapping, labeling, completing documentation, performing all ERP transactions and loading shipments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to read and accurately interpret sales orders.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of customer order shipment procedure, loading techniques, pallet weight limits, safe stacking procedures, wrapping and labeling techniques, and HAZMAT/Dangerous goods requirements.
- Must take responsibility for efficiently completing sales orders with little or no supervisory prompting.
- Communication skills sufficient to relay and retrieve information related to order shipment to the supervisor or lead person and the various production departments.
- Math skills sufficient to calculate weight and cubic dimensions of drums, cartons, skids and entire orders.
- Knowledge of will call policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of the various products produced by Whip Mix and which departments produce them.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift/electric hand truck certification required).Must successfully complete forklift training and attain forklift license within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to hear warning signals from forklift traffic.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, reach, twist and bend to prepare orders for shipment. Lift, stack and carry up to 55 pound boxes of product on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to reach product at height of up to seven (7) feet.
- Requires constant standing and walking.
- Ability to read numbers and letters on product, RF guns, etc.
Summary Education & Experience Required
High school diploma or GED, computer skills and one-year material handling, order fulfillment, and/or forklift operating experience preferred.
Works in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment with the normal potential hazards of operating material handling equipment. Exposed to extremes in temperature when loading/unloading transport vessels. Potential hazards of slippery dock floors and warehouse forklift traffic.
Education Requirements (Any)
GED/High School Diploma
Education Requirements (Any)
GED or Higher
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Jay Tipton
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2