Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 is required!
Come join our family oriented work environment. Remote work available.
Under minimal direction, will focus on the implementation and ongoing maintenance of System D365. Will lead efforts to train end users on new and existing functionalities in D365 Finance & Operations, build user customization requirements, and assist with systems development and project management.
Embraces company policies and procedures to institute changes as a part of a project, such as ISO 13485:2016 quality procedures, continuous improvement procedures, and new product development procedures. Acts as a change agent to bring best-in-class ideas and processes to Whip Mix’s operations as the company transitions from a high mix, medium volume original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to a product mix of OEM and distribution.
Understands and supports the vision of the company. This person should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks are completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilized and embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety first, quality second and production third will be accepted and required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Implementing Modules & Training End Users Lead efforts to train end users on new and existing functionalities in D365 Finance & Operations. Coordinate training and task recordings - 50%
Building Requirements: During training and the scrum meetings, new requirements will reveal themselves. Those new requirements need to be documented in User Stories. - 25%
Agile Process Management Work directly with the business and production teams to ensure their most important tasks are queued up for development and/ implementation. This will require hosting scrum meetings with those teams and closely coordinating those efforts with development. Additionally, priority needs to be set based on the business and production team’s needs. Meets with leadership and management as needed. Makes suggestions to improve processes. - 25%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Strong demonstrated history analytical capabilities, experience, and capacity to quickly grasp business concepts and identify workable software or process solutions.
- Deep knowledge of AX and/or D365 Finance and Operations
- Maintain and update system configurations to support business requirements
- Collaborate with business owners in gathering requirements to facilitate the implementation and streamlining of processes while maintaining best practices
- Train end users to increase system proficiency and usage of the system
- Perform problem analysis to resolve escalated technical problems reported by the business
- Work with business owners and technical teams to understand and gather requirements to create functional specifications for system modifications and reports
- Perform functional testing of customizations and reports
- Ability to be flexible and open-minded.
- Ability to self-train as needed.
- Create requested documentation supporting system and process changes
- Expert ability to understand and meet learner needs based on delivery preference, subject matter, and business goals and outcomes.
- Expert ability to evaluate variances in learning styles within an audience.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills to convey information to users, team members and broader audiences in an effective and professional manner.
- Excellent leadership skills to oversee and coordinate tasks as well as motivate and encourage the team to define the activities that will be required to complete the project goals.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to elicit factual information, discuss pros and cons, and then formulate the best solution that can be implemented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to bring a team together, move them in one direction together, and align goals with Whip Mix’s organizational goals. Needs to have proven skills in delegation, conflict management, and coaching others.
Summary Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or Computer Science
- Microsoft certifications in relevant technologies are a plus.
- 6 years of experience within D365 and/or AX
- Proven experience performing business analyst activities and mapping business processes.
- Experience implementing and configure D365 and/or AX modules.
- Knowledge of the following modules inside D365 and/ AX: Production Control; Advanced Warehousing; Procurement and Sourcing; and knowledge of Sales and Marketing would be a bonus.
- Experience working with complex timelines with multiple dependencies.
Office environment, desk based position with no specific lifting or other physical requirements. Remote and flex work schedules available. Prefer location at the headquarters in Louisville, KY. May require the ability to walk through the manufacturing plant, and climb stairs as needed. Potential exposure to noise requiring use of hearing protection. Must wear safety glasses and safety toe shoes in production areas.
Education Requirements (Any)
Business Degree in Business, Information Technology or Computer Science
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Nick Philips
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1