Founded in 1919, Whip Mix manufactures Hanau™, Denar® and Whip Mix articulators, dental gypsums, investments, waxes, furnaces, mixing equipment and model trimmers for use in dental laboratories and dental offices and equipment. Whip Mix, headquartered in Louisville, Ky, is ISO9001-2008 certified and sells its products through distributors in over 80 countries and also maintains an office and distribution center in Dortmund, Germany. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and our Facebook page! We are an EEO employer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Starting pay - $18.00 an hour!
Sign On Bonus - $500 after working here for 90 days!
Benefits begin on your 31st day of employment.
Great Opportunity for First Shift only!
Great Opportunity to work 1st Shift in a family owned and friendly workforce!
Under limited supervision, unloads and accurately receives incoming materials and supplies. Stores in appropriate locations by the use of material handling equipment. Pulls inventory from stock following first in first out (FIFO) principle according to reports and manufacturing order pick list. Prepares and sends the items to the appropriate department for assembly utilizing ERP system. Maintain warehouse organization by housekeeping and organizing proper storage of finished goods and raw materials.
Team member should understand, accept and support the vision of the company. Team member should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks have been completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the team. Additionally they will ensure that team member tasks are understood, monitored & accomplished. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilize & embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety 1st, quality 2nd, & production 3rd will be accepted & required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
With appropriate care, unloads shipments/materials/supplies using a forklift/electric hand truck, dolly or related equipment. Operator ensures materials are stored or stacked safely. Verify count of material being delivered by checking physical quantity against freight bill, noting any damage or shortage on the freight bill before the truck driver leaves. Verify received quantities against documentation by checking the physical quantity. Deliver and store materials in proper location. Pulls and delivers inventory from stock following first in first out (FIFO) principle according to reports and manufacturing order pick list. Verifies quantities of items staged for movement. Prepares and sends the items to the appropriate department for assembly utilizing ERP system. Assists purchasing to prepare orders for shipping out of plant services. - 55%
Prepares samples of received material for Lab, Engineering and Sales as required. Prepares labels in appropriate format to identify incoming raw material. Follow all ISO 13485 SOP and work instructions guidelines. Learn and follow all current FDA required good manufacturing practices to consistently meet applicable requirements and specifications. - 10%
Maintains a well-organized warehouse area keeping aisles clear. Know and practice good housekeeping providing a safe work environment. Monitor trash level of dumpster and communicate to maintenance to be emptied. - 10%
Prepares customer orders for will call, small package area, domestic freight or export for shipping. This includes gathering, stacking on skids, wrapping, labeling, completing documentation including all HAZMAT/Dangerous goods requirements, performing all ERP transactions and loading shipments. - 10%
Delivers RMA return items to appropriate departments for disposition. - 10%
Assists department leaders and other personnel in resolving problems related to receiving or warehousing of materials and supplies. Reports any warehouse/receiving problem areas to supervisor. - 5%
Performs cycle counts. Complete packaging tasks as requested of finished goods. - 5%
Performs other functions or duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal directions.
- Knowledge of inventory and receiving procedures to accurately manage inventory and the distribution to assembly areas.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift/electric hand truck certification required).Must successfully complete forklift training and attain forklift license within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to safely maneuver and stack 4000# skids of powder, 500# skids of cardboard and similar type materials in a warehouse area using a forklift, hand truck, dolly or related material handling equipment.
- Ability to read, validate, and process receiving documentation. Record keeping skills needed to review and complete orders and forms including ability to comprehend lot tracing of products.
- Ability to hear warning signals from warehouse traffic and to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, figure percentages, etc. to verify accuracy of all receiving/shipping functions.
- Communication skills sufficient to relay information regarding orders and inventory level information to the appropriate departments.
- Able to correctly perform appropriate ERP computerized manufacturing transactions.
- Good organizational skills for maintaining orderliness of the warehouse.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, reach, twist and bend to prepare orders for shipment. Lift, stack and carry up to 55 pound boxes of product on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Summary Education & Experience Required
High school diploma or GED, computer skills and one-year material handling, storage, and/or forklift operating experience preferred.
Works in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment with the normal potential hazards of operating material handling equipment. Exposed to extremes in temperature when loading/unloading transport vessels. Potential hazards of slippery dock floors and warehouse forklift traffic.
Education Requirements (Any)
GED or Higher
Additional Information / Benefits
Whip Mix Corporation offers a competitive total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a generous employee recognition and service awards program, in addition to the following benefit plans:
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Paid Vacation & Personal Time
* Paid Holidays
* Company Paid Life and Disability
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
* Flexible Spending Account
* Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization & Critical Illness Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Jay Tipton
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1