Whip Mix is a well established manufacture of dental supplies and equipment for the dental laboratory and dental office equipment. Please review our website at www.whipmix.com and on Facebook search for Whip Mix Corporation. We are an EEO/AAP/V employer!
Job Skills / Requirements
Under general direction, supervises, directs and coordinates the activities of team members engaged in the production of goods in the East Mill, West Mill, Bulk Packaging, Form Fill Seal Envelope Packaging, Wax and Liquid Departments. Make certain that production schedules are met and all equipment is operated in a safe, efficient manner. Ensures operations are in compliance with ISO 9001 guidelines, conducts team member training in equipment operations, manufacturing processes, providing quality service and safety procedures or assigns team member training to experienced workers. Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
It is our expectations for our Supervisors to manage their Team Members professionally, building a Team with positive leadership, by personal example and excellent communications. Whip Mix has an excellent, very diverse work force that deserves professional, sound leadership - you must be that person.
Should understand and support the vision of the company. You should develop a sense of dependability and responsibility among their team members, operate with enthusiasm and lead by example. They will make certain their own assigned tasks are completed satisfactorily and to standards that are set for the Team. Lean tools, methods and philosophy will be learned, utilized and embraced. Communication will be given and received freely, frequently, consistently, accurately and professionally. The priorities of safety 1st, quality 2nd, & production 3rd will be accepted & required. You will act, behave, perform and “BE” what you want your team members to be.
Initiates, cooperates or participates fully as appropriate in using the team approach in solving problems and suggesting improvements that enables Whip Mix to live up to its mission and values.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Maintains departmental day-to-day production activities and monitors workflow. Maintains accurate detailed records and reports relating to production and personnel activities. Utilizes knowledge of ERP systems to complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow. Sets priorities and goals for all departments and assigns team member tasks determining the most efficient and cost effective way to maximize production. Verifies attendance and hours worked. Approves excused time off requests and ensures that completed time cards are ready for the payroll clerk. Essential 35%
2. Accomplishes manufacturing departmental results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining team members; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Supervises the activities of all departments including assisting in selecting departmental candidates, orientation and training of new team members. Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills. Ensure conformance to established organizational product quality levels, safety and procedural policies, ISO 9001 procedures, and 6S initiatives. Essential 25%
3. Ensures the safe operation of equipment and team member use of vacuum and personal protection equipment. Call for repairs when necessary and evaluate new tools or equipment and techniques. Develop and implement ergonomic and safety methods to improve team member health by reducing and eliminating the risk of injuries. Essential 15%
4. Creates a work environment that is conducive to good team member morale by fostering positive communications with team members and lead a continuous improvement quality management program inclusive of departmental and cross-functional teams. Essential 15%
5. Monitors sub-assembly products to ensure adequate inventory to fulfill production demands. Develops implements and manages changes for improved throughput, quality, customer service, equipment, productivity and worker efficiency. Essential 10%
9. Performs other functions or duties as assigned. Supplemental 0%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
1. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, production equipment, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of Chemical Division products. Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and Process Improvement methodologies in a continuous improvement environment. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Good leadership and team building skills necessary to engage and direct team members in the various assembly procedures and team processes.
2. Ability to operate a forklift or to obtain a forklift operator certification. Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
3. Mechanical and electronic aptitude and manual dexterity to use production equipment and small hand tools. Good communication skills needed to provide information to co-workers and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person relating to procedures, schedules, company policies, and to effectively train and develop team members.
4. Knowledge of First Aid and CPR administration needed.
5. Possess critical thinking skills by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
6. Computer skills required to efficiently use production management and computer programs including spreadsheet, database and word processing programs to maintain accurate records detailing daily production activities.
Summary Education & Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree with two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or a combination of some post-secondary education and more than four years supervisory manufacturing experience with an emphasis in lean and chemical manufacturing. Experience in record keeping and inventory control is also preferred.
Works in and out of a climate controlled area. Occasional exposure to the temperature extremes of the warehouse. Daily exposure to the potential hazards of silica dust contained in the materials being packaged. Potential hazards of pinch points and extreme heat from the packaging machines. Must be able to wear a half face negative pressure respirator.
Education Requirements (Any)
Associate Degree or 2 Year Tech Degree
Additional Information / Benefits
Medical, vision,dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability. 401k, life insurance and more.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Operations Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1