Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
For information concerning the College, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Job Skills / Requirements
Centre College invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Admission and Communications Coordinator.
The Assistant Director of Admission and Coordinator of Communications is responsible for counseling and assisting prospective students and their families in the admission process, cultivating professional relationships with high school and community-based organizations, and managing recruitment territories to meet enrollment goals. This position manages important administrative projects in support of the admission and financial aid operation, including the strategic communication plan. This position will work in close collaboration with the Office of Strategic Marketing and Communication, Academic Affairs, Athletics, Dean of Students, and other campus partners to support the larger integrated campus-wide strategic marketing and recruitment efforts. The Assistant Director reports to the Vice President of Admission and Financial Aid.
Essential Job Functions:
- Expand student recruitment in assigned territory. Maintain on-going recruitment activities, including individual interviews, group events, and regular personal contact with prospective students and families. Coordinate all communication necessary for recruitment activities to meet application and enrollment goals.
- Work to develop and cultivate relationships with college counselors, high schools, community-based organizations, and other important constituencies in the assigned travel territory. Serve as a resource and content expert for admission counseling, workshops, and events as a speaker, presenter, panelist, or participant.
- Recruitment travel expected throughout the year, including 4-6 weeks in the fall, and 2-3 weeks in the spring.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and scholarships.
- Counsel students and families on basic issues of cost and financial aid.
- In partnership with the Vice President, Director of Admission, and Office of Strategic Marketing and Communication, participate in the strategic development of an integrated strategic communication plan.
- In collaboration with the Office of Strategic Marketing and Communication, develop print, email, and digital marketing materials for recruitment, application generation, and enrollment yield efforts.
- Coordinate in-office communication planning through the development and regular updating of a communications calendar to include all steps of the process from development through delivery.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs, Athletics, Dean of Students, and other campus partners on development and delivery of recruitment materials.
- Coordinate a team of admission and financial aid staff in the creation of and distribution of communication and marketing materials.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race and sexual orientation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Participate actively in professional organizations.
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and three or more years relevant experience required. Experience with marketing communications, including print, electronic, and social media strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication, and organizational skills are required. Initiative and ability to work independently is critical. Valid drivers license is required.
Limited pushing and lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Must be able to travel to assigned geographic territory.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For full consideration, application materials must be submitted online by July, 13th, 2023.
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, psychology, communication or other related major.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Vice President of Admission and Financial Aid.
This is a Full-Time position Weekends, M-F Travel, weekends and evenings .
Relocation is not provided and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1