Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Admission will provide direct administrative support to the Vice President of Enrollment Management. This position will also support the Director of Admission and other members of the admission office staff, along with other duties in support of the daily operations of the admission office. This position will report to the Associate Director of Admission Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Vice President of Enrollment Management with administrative functions including scheduling, correspondence, reports, travel planning, etc.
- Serve as primary coverage for phone and email inquiries.
- Greet and welcome campus visitors to the Welcome Centre.
- Prospect data entry from travel cards and other inquiry sources.
- Support other staff in the execution of email campaigns and batch messages.
- Support admission staff in the coordination and execution of on-and-off campus programming and events.
- Manage the reservation system for the fleet of college vehicles.
- Assist admission counselors with travel correspondence.
- Manage office supply inventory.
- Process check requests for members of the admission staff.
- Serve as building liaison to Facilities Management.
- Assist with office mailings and correspondence.
- Assist with production of materials for orientation, retreats, workshops, meetings, and presentations.
- Execute database management and projects in Admission CRM as requested.
- Supervise student employees.
- Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race, and sexual orientation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Attend weekly meetings with the admission staff and report on pertinent information related to responsibilities.
- Enthusiastically participate in all staff activities.
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School diploma required. Prior administrative experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of relational databases and CRM systems is helpful, as is an understanding of the admission recruitment cycle. Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical. Ability to work independently and on a team is necessary. Empathy and humor are crucial.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For full consideration, application materials must be submitted online by June, 29th, 2023.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Associate Director of Admission Operations.
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1