Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Job Skills / Requirements
Centre College invites applications for the position of Zone Mechanic. This is an Hourly position. The Zone Mechanic will assist in the general operations and maintenance of the assigned buildings. Individual will report to the Maintenance Superintendent.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform electrical maintenance such as changing ballasts, resetting breakers, electrical troubleshooting and replacement of fixtures, switches, outlets and similar electrical components;
- Repair windows, window screens, mini blinds, door locks ceiling tiles, drywall;
- Troubleshoot heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical systems to correct problems or seek assistance and work with a specialist technician for larger problems;
- Develop and execute preventive maintenance program for the optimum operation of all building systems;
- Basic carpentry skills for repairing doors, furniture, cabinets, beds:
- Responsible for individual hand tools and college supplied tools and machinery;
- Repair or replace defective washers, stems flush valves, faucets, clear clogged drains and sewer lines;
- Work with all trade areas to keep all facilities in the best operating condition possible;
- Individual is required to be on-call on a rotating basis, as needed;
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith background, gender expression, gender identity, geographic region, national origin, neurodiversity, race, and sexual orientation that comprise individual and group expressions of identity.
- Facilities Management provides critical services to the college to ensure the safety of the students, faculty, and staff.? Facilities employees are critical personnel, which requires us to be present during inclement weather and all other emergencies.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Valid driver&
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Maintenance Superintendent
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1