Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
Job Skills / Requirements
Centre College invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Recycling / Utility Coordinator.
The Recycling/Utility Coordinator will develop a program of environmental awareness and responsibility on campus among faculty, staff, and students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and expand the existing campus recycling program;
- Supervise and carry out the regular collection of paper, aluminum and plastic recyclables from over 30 campus buildings;
- Add new collection sites through actively encouraging community participation in the recycling program;
- Add new capacities to collect and recycle junk mail, cardboard, glass, newspapers, magazines, and other recyclables;
- Actively identify campus special events that generate recyclables, and institute programs to collect these in conjunction with the campus units involved;
- Work with all elements on campus to increase the amount of recyclables collected;
- Monitor the collection of campus recyclables by the responsible waste disposal companies.
- Fill in for Facilities Management’s clerk for the loading dock and the front desk sectary during absences.
- Additional duties may include assisting the Paint Department and Custodial Department throughout the year;
- Enforce and adhere to standard safety precautions. Attend all mandatory training;
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith background, gender expression, gender identity, geographic region, national origin, neurodiversity, race, and sexual orientation that comprise individual and group expressions of identity.
- Facilities Management provides critical services to the college to ensure the safety of the students, faculty, and staff. Facilities employees are critical personnel, which requires us to be present during inclement weather and all other emergencies.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED. Valid Drivers License Required.
Knowledge and Skills
Some computer experience skills. Ability to communicate well orally and written. Strong commitment to and understanding of the environmental and educational goals of recycling and natural resource conservation.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 35 lbs. Mobility on campus necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Facilities Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1