Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
Job Skills / Requirements
Centre College invites applications for the position of Enrollment Data Analyst This is an exempt (salary) position.
The Enrollment Data Analyst serves on the senior management team within the Enrollment Management Division. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, responsibilities of this newly defined position include being responsible for the configuration, coordination and communication of enrollment information and opportunities both internally and externally; and integrating enrollment data with other college departments. This position assists as a liaison with other offices on campus, outside enrollment research consultants and consortiums, and partners with territory managers and enrollment managers (admission and financial aid) by providing ongoing data analysis and interpretation in support of achieving enrollment goals. In addition, this position assists the enrollment staff with training and systems-related technical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as enrollment data analyst for admission and financial aid, defining problems, identifying gaps in data availability, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Develops and maintains reports and dashboards related to all aspects of enrollment management, from student recruitment to admission and enrollment, through to student persistence and graduation.
- Work closely with the senior enrollment management team and enrollment consultants on predictive modeling projects.
- Serves as the technical liaison to the Institutional Research Department, coordinates support needs and partners on project management and third-party vendor coordination. Translates end-user needs into functional designs.
- Collaborates with the senior management team to identify, prioritize, and create process improvements that will increase the effectiveness of the enrollment operation.
- Supports enrollment managers by creating and generating queries and reports and analyzing data for scheduled and ad-hoc data requests.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies; learns new technical skills quickly and identifies resources to assist in that learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience working with higher education-related student information systems or other related technologies (experience in admissions preferred).
- Experience modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data in platforms like Power BI, Tableau, SPSS, MS Excel, and MS Access; experience working with data from Slate and Jenzabar is preferred.
- Experience in reporting and data analysis. Experience with statistical software.
- Experience writing SQL to query and manipulate data in relational databases such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server. Should be familiar with common techniques for optimizing SQL query performance and experience with relational databases.
- Experience with an ERP System, including report building and REST API’s.
- General knowledge of IT systems and troubleshooting staff member needs.
- Ability to work efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Strong skills in prioritization, organization and management of multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor's degree with two to three years relevant experience required.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided
Number of Openings for this position: 1