Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
Job Skills / Requirements
Centre College invites applications for the position of Purchasing Assistant and Office Coordinator.
Actively assist the VP of Finance (VP-F) and Director of Procurement, and Finance Department in a variety of projects, office duties, and engagement with the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize ERP system daily to process and issue purchase orders, enter check requests, enter new vendors; maintain master list of “Open” purchase orders;
- Train new employees on use of requisition entry in system;
- Process and enter check requests for all invoices for partnership programs on campus;
- Complete credit applications and tax exemption certificates for vendors as needed.
- Run and utilize ERP system reports;
- Tracking and record keeping of annual payment obligations;
- Enter work orders for department (e.g., order copy paper, building maintenance issues, etc.).
- Prepare Word and Excel documents;
- Coordinate responsibilities with the needs of the VP-F. Handle communications and assist with scheduling meetings for VP-F and reserve meeting rooms as needed;
- Reconcile monthly Pro-card statements for VP-F and self;
- Answering the phone and directing calls to appropriate employees;
- Maintain appropriate files;
- Ordering and stocking office supplies;
- Suggest improvements to existing systems, practices, and policies;
- Order and maintain stock of College’s stationery for filling small orders; place orders directly with vendor for large stationery requests; order business cards for all offices on campus as requested.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race, and sexual orientation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Sorting and distributing mail; distribute interdepartmental envelopes to campus offices
- Prepare “Certified” mailings and overnight service mailings
- Proofreading and editing documents
- Updating the Finance forms
- Order tax forms
- Contributing to the overall success of the department by performing other tasks as needed
Education and Experience
High School diploma required. Associate degree or B.Sc. in Business Administration or related fields preferred.
Prior Administrative Assistant experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
Clerical: MS Office, proficient typing skills.
Excellent spelling and grammar usage necessary.
Organization: Self-directed with efficient time management and skills ability to deal effectively with multiple projects.
Interpersonal: Positive, kind, and professional demeanor. Enjoys collaborating with various constituents of the College, vendors, and those outside Centre’s community. Patient, compassionate, and calm when dealing with anxious constituents.
Physical Requirements: Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the VP of Finance
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1