Who we are:
Welcome to the Florence, KY dental practice of Drs. Keith Laws and Laura Herfel. We are a dedicated team of dental professionals who are always eager to meet new patients and families.
At Dental Center of Florence, we provide some of the most innovative and comprehensive services that modern dentistry has to offer. In fact, for more than three decades, we have been a tri-state leader when it comes to quality dentistry done quickly, comfortably, and affordably.
We think of our practice as modern dentistry in a friendly, small-town setting.
We want you as part of our work family:
DCOF is a family owned and operated business that highly values its team members and offers competitive pay and excellent benefits for full time employees. DCOF's mission is to provide the highest quality dental care quickly, comfortably, and affordably in an environment that is warm and friendly for our patients and motivating to our team. DCOF's Core Values are Compassion, Dependability, Efficiency, Excellence, Passion, Positivity, and Respect and we look forward to speaking with candidates who exemplify these qualities!
Job Skills / Requirements
Job Title: Practice Manager
Reports to: Owners
Direct Positions Supervised: Department Managers
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Position Summary: The Practice Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day performance of the practice by effectively supporting and managing the team and identifying and implementing strategies to provide the best possible patient care.
- Management –
- Establish clear management structure for all employees.
- Support the needs of the team: team meetings, scheduling, etc.
- Provide mentorship and development opportunities for employees.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager to improve talent retention.
- Support organizational programs/plans that impact employees.
- Ensure communication, comprehension, and adherence to all company policies and related legal and/or compliance requirements.
- Promote a positive culture in the workplace.
- Business Operations –
- Manage workflow to ensure timely and high-quality task completion and effective distribution of work across entire team.
- Manage projects related to office programs or processes.
- Monitor business processes to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Monitor efficient patient flow patterns to maximize clinical and team efficiency.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for improved utilization and operations.
- Resolve issues directly, or in consultation with the Owners concerning staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment, and funds.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Management role.
- Prior dental experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in direct employee management required.
- Practice/business marketing strategies
- Accounting – knowledge of accounting principles and mathematics
- Budget preparation and management
- Experience with family owned and operated business preferred
- Outstanding people skills.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
- Conflict resolution and employee coaching.
- Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgements, and recommendations.
- Practice Management systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Education Requirements (Any)
4 Year College Degree
Additional Information / Benefits
- Physical stamina sufficient to perform frequent bending, light or moderate lifting and moderate standing/walking.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
Medical Insurance, HSA, Vision Insurance, Dental Discount Program, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with a Company Match, PTO Accrual, Paid Holidays, and Maternity/Paternity PTO.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
This job reports to the Owner(s)
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1