Who We Are
Occam Design is dedicated to delivering only the highest quality medical components that meet customer and regulatory standards. Our expert engineers, technicians and machinists, coupled with comprehensive manufacturing capabilities, provide innovative and reliable solutions to the most challenging applications.
Our name, based on the Occam’s Razor principle, is reflective of our approach to designing and developing products. Occam’s Razor, also known as the law of parsimony, states “entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.”
We’ve built our company around this philosophy.
We approach every project with the simple approach of keeping it on objective, on time and on budget, while keeping you informed every step of the way. With a world of experience, spread over more than 55 patents and over $3 billion in marketplace sales, you can trust your product’s design, prototyping, manufacturing, and rollout to the team at Occam Design.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Sales and Business Development associate will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, qualifying and assisting with the closing of new business opportunities within the 4 key stages of ideation, engineering, design for manufacturing, or manufacturing of class 1 and/or class 2 medical devices.
- Identify, prospect, qualify and close new customer/new project business.
- Qualify opportunities within our scope and capabilities.
- Interview prospective customers to business case and technically understand medical device development and manufacturing processes.
- Execute a detailed behavior and activity-based sales plan to achieve period defined sales production targets.
- Co-create sales strategies and tactics to develop confident sales forecasts and production planning.
- Engage and collaborate with engineering resources for qualified opportunities and lead the sales process through closing.
- Setting and managing realistic customer expectations during the sales process.
- Prepare and present sales presentations and proposals reflecting the needs of the client.
- Development of network to procure new product development opportunities within the medical device field.
- Capture, analyze, and track sales performance, market assessments and other data related to sales activities through consistent use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRS) system.
- Coordinate responses to RFIs and RFPs.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing or business-related degree or equivalent experience.
A minimum of five years’ experience selling engineering or advisory services for organizations.
- Proven success in achieving annual sales of greater than $3 million dollars.
- Proven successful Technical Selling / B2B and account development experience.
- Strongly, self-motivated individual.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strategic thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels within an organization.
- Marketing/lead generating campaign development.
- Commitment to high standards and personal responsibility.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Problem solving and independence to achieve agreed to prospecting and sales goals.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working with product innovation, research, or engineered mechanical solutions.
- Knowledge or prototyping and manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of GMP Quality Systems and 13485 Standard.
- Passion for achieving consistent results and exceeding expectations.
- Driven to build a successful career.
- Motivated by a healthy, competitive sales environment.
- Confident and resilient by nature.
Shifts of 8-10 hrs. in duration.
Follow all applicable plant requirements and safety standards.
Working conditions are environmentally controlled. May require gowning for cleanroom environment.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the President
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1