Come Build a Career with Arrow Electric as a Commercial / Industrial Electrician.
Since opening its doors in 1957, Arrow Electric has provided its customers trustworthy, dependable and cost-effective Electrical Installations and Service, with the highest quality workmanship. We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry. Sharing a common goal of exceeding customer expectations, our team is passionate about their craft.
Arrow Electric highly values our team members, striving to put employees first and provide a pleasant, secure work environment, fostering professional growth and offering one of the strongest compensation packages in the industry.
Job Skills / Requirements
Arrow Electric is currently growing by searching for qualified Commercial / Industrial Electrician candidates
The Electrician position is responsible for performing electrical installations, alterations, additions and/or repairs to electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment while adhering to assigned schedules, quality, safety and regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Install power supply wiring and conduit such at EMT conduit, Rigid conduit, PVC conduit, O-Cal, MC cable, strut, and cable tray.
- Read, interpret, and execute blueprints (e-sheets) and drawings to layout projects and perform installations to required specifications.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems such as switch gears, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, conveyor systems, lighting, and devices.
- Inspect systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes.
- Troubleshoot electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels and circuits.
- Test electrical systems and circuits using test devices such as multimeters, ohmmeters or voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Direct and train less experienced or less knowledgeable employees to install, maintain, and repair electrical equipment, wiring, lighting, and devices.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- General Qualifications:
- 5+ years of electrical field experience
- Working knowledge of the NEC and electrical construction processes
- Current Kentucky Electrical License (EE or ME) preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Specific “Must Have” Experience
- Must have experience working with 120/208v and 277/480v systems.
- Must have experience bending/installing conduit sizes 3/4” – 1 ¼” EMT, Rigid, and PVC.
- Must have experience installing panels, disconnects, and transformers.
- Must have experience installing MC Cable.
- Must have experience pulling and terminating conductors: #14 up to 500 MCM
- Preferred Experience
- Fire Alarm, Voice/Data, and Lighting Controls experience preferred.
- Experience bending/installing conduit sizes 1 1/2” – 4” EMT, Rigid, and PVC preferred
- Experience Installing switch gear and MCCs preferred
- Cable Tray installation experience preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- High standard of integrity, professionalism and workmanship
- Must be self-directed and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Careful attention to detail and timely follow-through.
- Able to work effectively in stressful, time-sensitive environments.
- Positive customer focused attitude.
- Must be able to physically perform the job
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform job duties in a variety of challenging working conditions
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Apprenticeship Program
- Continuing Training and Development Courses
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We believe that these opportunities should be available on the basis of individual merit, and we encourage applicants and employees to strive for advancement on this basis.
Arrow Electric will make reasonable accommodations for applicants/employees with disabilities. This means that we can modify a person’s job or assign them to another position that will accommodate their disabilities. Persons wishing to request such accommodations should make them known to the Human Resource Department.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Building awesome things is our passion! One Team! One Fight! One Arrow!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Foreman
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 3