Professional Janitorial Service is one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned commercial cleaning companies in Central Texas, San Antonio and El Paso. We pride ourselves in providing high quality cleaning services to many office buildings. PJS is more equipped than any other company in the state of Texas to help our customers do their job and do it well. The key to our success is our people! We employ the best people in the industry! Our team includes over one hundred years of combined experience in providing the highest-level cleaning services available.
Our administrative support operations (Accounting / Finance / Payroll / Human Resources) are headquartered in Austin. The organic growth in our business and evolving requirements of our clients has resulted in the need for an experienced Billing & Client Support Specialist within our Accounting team.
PJS of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Job Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Billing & Collections Manager (with indirect oversight provided by the Accounting Manager and CFO), the Accounts Receivable & Client Support Specialist is responsible for submitting client invoices with supporting documents using various delivery methods. Delivery methods would include client- and third-party portals (i.e., Service Channel, Verisae, Corrigo), email or, on occasion, mailing. The Accounts Receivable & Client Support Specialist is expected to resolve submission issues, provide requested support documentation, and coordinate with PJS operations management to answer client inquiries and/or disputes. Attention to detail, self-motivated and problem-solving skills are essential for success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an up-to-date company billing system
- Serve as a liaison between area managers, clients, third-party payment platforms and accounting team in the creation, completion, closing, invoicing and accounting for work orders
- Monitor invoice aging reports for non-payments, delayed payments, and/or other irregularities
- Research and resolve billing and/or payment discrepancies on an as-needed basis
- Investigate and resolve client questions and disputes on an as-needed basis
- Provide accurately and timely updates to clients and PJS personnel as needed
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-year certificate program in Accounting Principles or equivalent – candidates with BBA will be given preferential consideration
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced / deadline-sensitive environment with varying and evolving client billing protocols
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Working knowledge of sales tax law and experience interacting with relevant taxing authorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advance computer skills (Microsoft Teams, Word, and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to assume accountability
Key Skills and Competencies
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Sense of urgency
- Client service skills
- While not a requirement, candidates with fluency in both English and Spanish will receive preferential consideration – likewise, candidates with a working knowledge of business intelligence or database management software applications (Oracle BI / Microsoft Power BI / SAP Business Objects / Tableau) are also highly desired.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Bonus Eligible
This job reports to the Billing & Collections Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1