Founded in 1986, PJS of Texas is a privately held commercial janitorial company offering the highest quality daily porter and nightly in-suite janitorial services in Texas. With offices in Austin, San Antonio and El Paso, the Company has experienced consistent growth in clients, revenues, headcount, and cash flow -- our success is a function of a commitment to deliver a level of service that exceeds our client's expectations.
Our administrative support operations (Accounting / Finance / Payroll / Human Resources) are headquartered in Austin. The organic growth in our business and evolving requirements of our clients has resulted in the need for an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator within our Austin-based Accounting team.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently seeking a dedicated Senior Payroll Administrator to join our payroll team. The Sr. Payroll Administrator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day payroll operations of the organization and ensuring payroll transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, an analytical mindset, and the ability to accurately calculate and process payroll. This position reports directly to the Payroll Manager.
• Manage and process payroll for the organization, including reviewing timecards, calculating earnings and deductions, and ensuring accurate payment to all employees.
• Generate and distribute payroll reports on a timely basis.
• Maintain accurate employee payroll records, perform regular audits to identify and resolve discrepancies and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Stay current with federal, state, and local payroll regulations.
• Prepare tax filing and reporting processes related to payroll and benefits.
• Provide support to employees and team members as needed related to payroll and benefits inquiries.
• Identify and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of payroll operations.
• Assist with year-end reporting and tax filings related to payroll and benefits.
• Assist Payroll Manager as needed.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll processing.
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to payroll and benefits.
• Experience with payroll software and systems, including Team Software a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage payroll systems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members across the organization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel / Word / Outlook / PowerPoint) and strong overall computer skills.
• While not a requirement, candidates with a working knowledge of business intelligence or database management software applications (Oracle BI / Microsoft Power BI / SAP Business Objects / Tableau) are also highly desired.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
• Bilingual Spanish
• In office M-F (8 AM – 5 PM)
PJS of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Quarterly bonus
This job reports to the Payroll Manager
This is a Full-Time position Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Number of Openings for this position: 1