Professional Janitorial Service is one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned commercial cleaning companies in Central Texas, San Antonio and El Paso. We pride ourselves in providing high quality cleaning services to many office buildings. PJS is more equipped than any other company in the state of Texas to help our customers do their job and do it well. The key to our success is our people! We employ the best people in the industry! Our team includes over one hundred years of combined experience in providing the highest-level cleaning services available.
PJS of Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Professional Janitorial Service es una de las empresas privadas de limpieza de mayor tamaño y de mayor crecimiento en el centro de Texas, San Antonio y El Paso. Nos enorgullecemos de proporcionar servicios de limpieza de alta calidad a muchos edificios de oficinas. PJS está más equipado que cualquier otra compañía en el estado de Texas para ayudar a nuestros clientes a hacer su trabajo y hacerlo bien. ¡La clave de nuestro éxito es nuestra gente! ¡Empleamos a las mejores personas en la industria! Nuestro equipo incluye más de cien años de experiencia combinada en proporcionar los servicios de limpieza de más alto nivel disponibles.
PJS of Austin es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y prohíbe la discriminación y el acoso de cualquier tipo.
Job Skills / Requirements
Bilingual District Janitorial Assistant (English/Spanish)
Job Overview: We are seeking an individual with a background in janitorial and management experience to join our team. The District Janitorial Assistant is responsible for staff management, quality control, inventory management, safety and compliance, scheduling and coordinating staff, reporting and documenting, training and development, problem solving skills, and is highly detail oriented. The District Janitorial Assistant will also be responsible for overseeing and visiting multiple locations in the Austin area.
Reports To: Their immediate Operations Area Manager.
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr - $22.00/hr DOE
Responsibilities and Duties May Include:
- Supervise and train a team of janitors and cleaning staff in multiple locations.
- Assign tasks and schedules to ensure efficient coverage across multiple locations.
- Provide guidance and support to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure cleaning standards are met or exceeded.
- Address any cleanliness or maintenance issues promptly and effectively.
- Implement improvement plans based on feedback and performance evaluations with help of the Area Manager.
- Monitor and manage cleaning supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Coordinate with procurement to ensure an adequate supply of cleaning materials at all locations.
- Maintain inventory records and notify the Area Manager when supplies are needed.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and regulations in all cleaning activities.
- Train staff in the proper handling of chemicals and equipment to prevent accidents.
- Maintain records of safety training and incidents, if any.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the janitorial teams in assigned locations.
- Plan and organize cleaning schedules for different locations based on priority and needs.
- Adjust schedules as necessary due to emergencies or special events.
- Maintain accurate records of cleaning activities, inspections, and maintenance tasks.
- Generate nightly reports on cleaning performance, issues, and improvements.
- Provide reports to Area Manager as needed.
- Identify training needs and provide ongoing training to staff on cleaning techniques, safety, and customer service.
- Proactively identify challenges and help the Area Manager develop solutions to improve cleaning processes and efficiency.
- Handle unexpected situations effectively, such as equipment malfunctions or staff shortages.
- May perform additional responsibilities and duties as needed.
- Must have janitorial/ custodian experience.
- Must have 1-2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be willing to work assigned hours.
- Follow instructions and is eager to learn.
- Presents a neat and professional appearance.
- Possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Has the ability to work successfully in both independent and team settings.
- Must be able to frequently bend, kneel, reach, and twist throughout the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to lift between 40lbs-50lbs
- Must be able to walk or stand for the duration of the shift.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Operations Area Manager
This is a Full-Time position Shift depends on area.
Travel is required consistently
Number of Openings for this position: 2