The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communicates, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
The Presbyterian Mission Agency is the ministry and mission agency of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Four ministry areas carry out our work: Compassion, Peace & Justice; Racial Equity & Women’s Intercultural Ministries; Theology, Formation & Evangelism; and World Mission. We work together to inspire, equip, and connect all Presbyterian for the church’s work. The communications team demonstrates the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is a relevant and revolutionary presence in the world by sharing the work, initiatives, resources, and stories of the Presbyterian Mission Agency in interesting and engaging ways.
To develop and implement communications strategies and marketing/communications plans for the Presbyterian Mission Agency ministry area(s). Plays a critical role in developing and executing communications strategies that raise public awareness of the Presbyterian Mission Agency and its programs.
Job Skills / Requirements
Support and encourage the mission of PMA. The successful candidate will exhibit strong support and advocacy for the mission of PMA through their attitudes, behaviors, and ethics. At the same time every PMA employee is invited to influence the shape and direction of our mission and direction.
Spirit of collaboration and adaptability in working with ministries and offices, partner agencies, and all levels of the church with an eye to building relationships.
Proactively anticipates needs working with ministry leadership and staff on an ongoing basis to think through current challenges and offer advice and strategic counsel on critical issues of concern.
Bias toward taking responsibility of a project, and shepherd it from the idea stage to completion. This individual will manage multiple simultaneous marketing communication projects from concept to delivery.
- Proven experience developing and executing multi-faceted communications plans
- Demonstrated success setting and achieving measurable strategic goals
- Experience managing multiple projects and communications deliverables
- Strong communication, analytical and strategic mindset
- Ability to set short- and long-term planning goals in line with larger organizational priorities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise materials on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of basic photography
- Experience working in a faith-based or nonprofit environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of strategic communications experience
- Reports directly to the Mission Communication Director
- Communications Department of Presbyterian Mission Agency
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Company Paid Benefits
Death and Disability
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending accounts
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Group Term Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Director of Mission Communications
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1