Stony Point Center is a 90 room Presbyterian-related Conference and Retreat Center located 30 miles north of New York City in Rockland County.
Stony Point Center is seeking an experienced Director of Administration. This is a full-time, exempt position with generous benefits. Job responsibilities include providing primary oversight of all administrative functions of Stony Point Center.
Responsible for all aspects of Administration of Stony Point Center in cooperation with colleagues in the Administrative Services Group (ASG) in Louisville, KY, including Human Resources, Risk Management, Finances, Information Technology, Budgeting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Provides primary oversight of all administrative functions of Stony Point Center.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations to assure that all financial operations related to the guest experience are handled seamlessly.
- Provides timely, accurate financial metrics regarding SPC performance.
- Manages an administrative staff that will collectively handle HR, IT, Finance, Budgeting, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for Stony Point operations.
- Works collaboratively with ASG staff in Louisville to assure that all administrative operations are streamlined to the greatest extent possible and are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Supports the Executive Director and Directors of Operations, Program and Marketing/Communications in preparing budgets in a timely fashion.
- Works with Risk Management in Louisville so all insurance on property and vehicles of SPC are in order.
- In coordination with ASG, develops risk management and disaster readiness plans for Stony Point.
- Manages all preparation of contracts to appropriate standards for the Administrative Services Group of PC(USA), A Corp.
- Masters level work in business/finance /administration preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a similar position
- Strong leadership and management experience with a proven record of successfully managing administrative functions
- Experience with budget preparation
- Experience working in a matrix organization very helpful
- Strong management skills
- Strong database management and Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make tough decisions and implement them with grace
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals from different racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Proficiency with the English language and one or more additional languages very helpful
- have a deep understanding and commitment to cultural and racial-ethnic inclusiveness
- Values diverse groups, ethnicities, genders, communities, cultural constituencies and points of view
- Able and open to learning from others
- Able to work without being directed
- Can work under pressure
- Strong collaborative spirit and ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Requires the ability to see, hear, speak, type, write and move from one location to another while performing tasks
- Requires the ability to work evening/weekend hours
Additional Information / Benefits
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
The Stony Point Center (and Presbyterian Church, USA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
Individuals living with disabilities encouraged to apply.