The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville, Kentucky, serve and work with mid-councils, congregations, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the World. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 400 staff members in several national entities: Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women and the Administrative Services Group.
This position is to provide programmatic and administrative leadership to the YAV team, including program administration, candidate discernment process, program evaluations, and crisis management, in coordination with the YAV Coordinator, YAV Site Coordinators, World Mission (WM) staff, and Presbyterian Mission Agency (PMA) staff.
1. Lead in the organization, implementation, and evaluation of the YAV discernment process.
2. Collaborate with the YAV team to lead in the planning of events related to the YAV program (Orientation, Transition, and other YAV-related events).
3. Assist the Program Coordinator in providing programmatic leadership, program administration, and check-ins with volunteers and site coordinators before, during, and after each year’s service.
4. Coordinate the communication, orientation and programmatic training of all YAV site coordinators, including one on one meetings, training events, and site visits as needed.
5. Facilitate the updating, maintenance, and distribution of handbooks to YAV and site coordinators.
6. Oversee the maintenance and usage of the YAV Database (e.g., Hire Touch) and the development of any online tool(s) for programmatic purposes.
7. Lead and support, in coordination with the program coordinator, management of the YAV crisis, following WM protocols.
8. Assist with recruitment and promotion efforts for the YAV program as needed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned/required.
Essential Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred- work experience can be substituted for education
Collaborative: Works together in an inclusive community, invites input, shares ideas, and seeks the best ways to accomplish common goals.
Accountable: Takes responsibility for actions and works with integrity, transparency, and love.
Responsive: Respond to the voices and needs of the church by being timely, helpful, enthusiastic, and mission-centered.
Excellent: Works with energy, intelligence, imagination, and love.
Cultural Proficiency: Understands and values differences in various cultures within the organization. Manages the dynamics of cultural differences within a workgroup. Adapts to cultural diversity by continuously learning about differences and creates opportunities for staff to learn about one another.
Life / Work Balance: Recognizes the importance of rest and renewal and maintains an appropriate balance between work life and personal life by adapting to changing needs at work, taking time to pursue personal interests, seeking others' help and discernment when needed and responding appropriately when they are overcommitted or when faced with stressful or dynamic situations.
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply. Individuals living with disabilities encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the YAV Coordinator
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1