The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communities, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills, and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
Position Purpose: Process gifts allocated to PMA; provide administrative support and other funds development related duties
Job Skills / Requirements
1. Gift processing duties:
- Process all web-generated gifts on a daily basis
- Process all manual credit card payments for donations and/or special event registrations on a daily basis.
- Process gifts from receiving sites including payments received through:
- PNC Lockbox 643751
- Payer Express
- Wire Batches
- Transfer Batches
- Backup person for processing Lockbox 00 gifts when batches are extremely heavy, or staff is out of the office
- Backup person for creating all transfer batches
- Backup person for monthly payroll batches
- Backup person for daily PNC download
2. Acknowledgments and Donor Relations Efforts:
- Administrative tasks including mail merge projects and other duties related to congregational and mid-council acknowledgements and Matthew 25 gift acknowledgements. Duties will be on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with Team Leader for Gift Processing, act as back-up for processing gift acknowledgment letters to all individuals
- Work closely with Team Leader for Gift Processing to process year-end acknowledgments and receipts for recurring, payroll and consolidated donors.
3. Administrative duties:
- Communicate via telephone and email with MES staff, congregations, presbyteries, donors and mission co-workers regarding donor’s remittances, refunds and errors
- Enter news articles and other publications onto the media tab on the appropriate constituent records in Raisers Edge database.
- Update/maintenance of constituent records with detailed accuracy in The Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Distribute constituent/gift information to various program areas with daily, weekly or monthly processes.
- Act as backup staff for other departmental duties including but not limited to download of lockbox deposits, gift processing, data entry, etc.
- Provide customer service to individuals, congregations and mid-councils requesting giving information as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: 2 or 4 year college degree
- Basic accounting, accounts payable or account receivable.
- Raiser's edge experience helpfu.
- Microsoft Office, mail merge and administrative background
- Good customer service skills, detailed oriented, and ability to work on multiple projects
Collaborative: works together with a team to foster an inclusive community, invites input, shares and seeks the best way to accomplish common goals
Accountable: self-starter who takes responsibility for one’s action and work performance; performs with integrity, transparency and honesty
Responsive: responds in a timely manner to the voices and needs of the church, good communication skills with colleagues, donors and church partners
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift 40 lbs.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1