The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communities, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills, and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
Provide leadership and management oversight to the Racial Ethnic, Women’s Ministry Area, ensuring smooth and effective operations, including the administrative and programmatic functions in the ministry area. Supervise associates and field staff, providing guidance and direction for ministry that supports the mission of the ministry area.
Job Skills / Requirements
Work with the Director and other colleagues to provide high quality, high-level organizational, administrative, and financial management of the ministry area.
- Overseae the daily operations of the ministry area, carrying out both administrative and programmatic functions, including short and long-term strategic operational planning.
- Acts as a creative and inventive thought partner and consultant for ministry area director.
Provide leadership and supervision for assocaites and field staff that builds strong, trusting relationships with colleagues.
- Lead performance management reviews and manage HR-related initiatives addressing policy and process alignment.
- Lead and manage employees to achieve established goals and objectives, including those of the Matthew 25 initiative, the collective goals of teams in the ministry area, such as antiracism, growth of new worshiping communities, leadership development, women's empowerment, and gender justice.
Work strategically with other ministry areas to collectively implement the goals of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.
Manage budgets and oversee financial management of the ministry area.
Oversee projects and other responsibilities, as required.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Master’s degree and congregational ministry experience preferred.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and to the polity and mission of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- 4-6 years of experience in an operational management role, preferably in a mission agency, large church, or faith-based organization
- Proclivity to think innovatively and be creative in project management
- 4 or more years’ experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Experience and strong ability to interact and communicate with individuals from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills across all levels and audiences.
- High social intelligence and cultural humility relating to a diverse constituency both within and external to the organization.
- Experience with creating and implementing innovative ministries and setting vision for teams.
- Experience working with Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC), intercultural ministry, gender justice, and cultural humility very helpful.
- Passion and commitment to intersectional justice and marginalized populations
- Strong leadership, administrative and financial management skills. Demonstrated knowledge of corporate/operational procedures (finance, management, HR, legal, IT, etc).
- Knowledge of and experience in the PC(USA) and knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the ministries of the Intercultural Ministries & Support for Congregations of Color office team.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation
- Self-starter, with an ability to lead teams to excellence.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and follow them through to completion, in a timely manner.
- Adept at leading through change and managing ambiguity.
- Responsive with emails, phone calls, and meeting requests.
- Experience working well with people and projects.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite.
- Social media skills helpful.
- DEI training and/or certification a plus
- Have a deep understanding and commitment to cultural and racial ethnic inclusiveness. Values diverse groups, ethnicities, genders, communities, cultural constituencies and points of view. Able to relate well to people from all walks of life and of varying theological perspectives.
- Ability to speak one or more languages other than English very helpful.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of problem-solving, integrative-thinking, communication, collaboration, coaching and conflict management.
- Capacity to navigate and embrace diversity and inclusion of BIPOC, LGBTQIA, and varied populations.
- Capability to work under ambiguous situations and to deal with change.
- Proven ability to be accountable and to deliver excellence.
- Ability to be a leader as well as a team player in an innovative environment
- Some domestic travel required.
- Requires the ability to periodically work evening/weekend hours to support events/programs/travel.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Director of REWIM
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1