The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communities, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills, and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
Position Purpose: To underwrite new loans, review existing loans, and oversee new loan processing, closings, and disbursements. Additionally assist in developing loan underwriting policies and procedures and provides support in the management of assigned loan portfolio.
Job Skills / Requirements
1.Underwrite new loans, prepare loan underwriting packets in accordance with loan policies and guidelines for presentation to the Staff Loan Team for consideration, and work with the Loan Policy Committee and Board of Directors (as required) for final decisions on loans.
2.Oversee new loan processing, closings, and disbursements for assigned loan portfolio.
3.Supervise the work of assigned Associate for Lending Services.
4.Consult with potential borrowers to determine the best loan package for the prospective borrower’s needs and financial capabilities.
5.Complete loan reviews and work with borrowers’ special requests (loan adjustments and modifications).
6.Provide effective management and servicing of past dues, financially challenged borrowers, and troubled debt loans within assigned loan portfolio.
7.Coordinate customer support of applicants and borrowers with other Staff as needed and provide support to the sales and marketing department for sale, promotion, and marketing of loans.
8.Work with the COO, CEO, Director of Lending Services, Loan Policy Committee, and the Board of Directors in evaluating loan policies and practices.
9.Work with other Presbyterian investment and/or loan programs to develop cooperative relationships and services.
10.Responsible for special assignments as requested by the COO and CEO.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree preferable in business or equivalent business experience.
- Three years of underwriting experience in commercial/real estate lending, including experience in construction loan disbursement management.
- Three years of management experience in lending, finance, or related field; clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; proven organization skills; demonstrated analytical ability with emphasis in financial statement analysis and risk assessment; three years of direct customer service and supervisory experience; proven ability working within a team setting.
- Understanding of non-profit organization and non-profit lending; familiarity with banking and CRM software; experience working with title companies in real estate transactions; knowledge of or experience in the structure of the Presbyterian Church (USA); membership in a church with an understanding of church mission and ministry; ability to communicate and relate with ministers and lay leaders of the church.
- Self-motivated; risk evaluator; detail oriented; effective communicator; customer service leader, and effective in time-management.
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift 20 lbs.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including:
Defined Pension Plan
- Health Insurance (employee healthcare cost sharing ranges from .5% to 2% of annual effective salary for employee only and for employee with family coverage)
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance (no employee cost)
- Life Insurance (basic and optional)
- Dental Insurance (optional)
- Vision Insurance (optional)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (optional)
- 403 (b) Employer Contribution at 3% of annual base pay (optional voluntary contribution available)
- Employee Assistance Program (no employee cost)
- Vacation Leave (annually 10 days. 1st year prorated based on hire date)
- Sick Leave (annually 10 days. 1st year prorated based on hire date)
- Emergency Leave (annually 3 days. 1st year prorated based on hire date)
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Funeral Leave
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Chief Operating Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1