With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 275 staff members who provide overall support for the mission of the church.
Support the work of the Committee on Mission Responsibility Through Investment, Office of Faith-Based Investing and Corporate Engagement, advisory and advocacy committees, and the Deputy Executive Director for Mission Program.
Job Skills / Requirements
Provide resource support to the Committee on Mission Responsibility Through Investment (MRTI) and Associate Mission Director for Committee Support.
- Assist in creating and editing relevant documents and resources for the office and committee on MRTI.
- Assist in office and committee coordination and information flow.
- Assist in communication strategy.
- Assist Deputy Executive Director for Mission on special assignments.
- Assist advocacy and advisory committee staff on special assignments.
Assist in the research efforts of the Office of Faith-Based Investing and Corporate Engagement.
- Assist staff with researching companies included in MRTI work plan.
- Track corporate engagements.
- Assist in analyzing General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.’s actions and policies that relate to the committee on MRTI as well as the advisory and advocacy committees.
- Assist in maintaining MRTI and the advisory and advocacy committee’s webpages and social media presence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Willingness to work in a faith-based context.
- Strong writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, ability to work without much supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural, religious, theological and political backgrounds.
- Strong research skills
Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.’s policies and polity.
Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage many tasks and projects simultaneously.
Ability to travel occasionally.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe; Video-conferencing and social media platforms.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Company Paid Benefits
Death and Disability
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending accounts
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Group Term Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Office of Faith-Based Investing & Corp Engagement
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1