With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 275 staff members who provide overall support for the mission of the church.
To serve alongside Equipping for Mission Involvement staff in their work to inspire, equip and connect U.S. Presbyterians and World Mission staff as the PC(USA) seeks to become a Matthew 25 church. This position supports staff members in copy-editing and proofing; managing/triaging email and other communications; handling administrative and financial tasks; and planning and carrying out in-person and virtual events. This position is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Copy-editing and proofing – 20%.
Works closely with the mission associate for interpretation to copy-edit, proof and track mission co-workers’ Mission Connections letters and profiles for online and print publication. Works with other World Mission staff on communications-related project management, as needed.
- Communications management for mission co-worker and constituent questions – 20%
Receives and triages phone calls and emails from mission personnel and other staff, and from constituents. Responds to questions and needs as able; and routes communications to the correct staff persons when necessary. Writes and sends communications with the guidance and direction of staff.
- Web invoicing and financial support – 20%
Receives and processes reimbursement requests; assists with contracts; pays invoices; reconciles staff credit cards.
- Event planning and logistics – 15%.
Supports the mission associate for equity and mission impact, and other World Mission staff, in event planning and logistics including contracts; travel arrangements; hotel/rooming and other venue arrangements; and event communications before, during and after.
- Scheduling and meeting support – 10%.
Helps contact vendors for in-person meetings and may assist with budgeting for events. Provides technical support for virtual meetings and on-site support for in-person meetings as needed.
- Communications and resource mailings – 5%.
Responds to requests for resources and ships out boxes of materials as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned – 5%
- Copy-editing and proofing – 20%.
Bachelor’s degree, with relevant work experience.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and ministry of the PC(USA) as expressed through the General Assembly and World Mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good listening skills
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to relate well with a diversity of people, including religious diversity
- Demonstrated skills in working in a team relationship
- Copy-editing and proofing skills
- Knowledge of the Reformed Christian tradition
- Project and time management; record-keeping
- Social media savvy
- Able to work without being directed
- Team player
- Can work under pressure
- Travel may be required (domestic and international)
- Requires the ability to work evening/weekend hours on occasion to support events/programs/travel
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Company Paid Benefits
Death and Disability
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending accounts
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Group Term Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
Our faith in God inspires our commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and is grounded in scripture, the Constitution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and actions of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is committed to being not only an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the U.S. government,
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Manager for Finance & Administration
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1