The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communities, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills, and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
Purpose of the Position: To support administratively the standing and specials committees of the General Assembly, as well as the Deputy Stated Clerk and the Director of Mid Council Ministries, as they engage in the work they have been called to in support of the God’s mission with and for the PC(USA).
Job Skills / Requirements
- Work collaboratively with Meetings Services staff and committee resource staff to plan, coordinate, and execute in-person and hybrid meetings of standing and special committees, commission, and other General Assembly-level groups (“committees” below), including all logistical arrangements and coordination of AV needs.
- Work collaboratively with moderators and staff of standing and special committees to plan, coordinate, and execute online meetings.
- Work collaboratively with moderators and staff of standing and special committees to prepare meeting materials ahead of meetings.
- Coordinate gathering and processing of committees’ expenses as they arise.
- Provide administrative support for the Deputy Stated Clerk and Director of Mid Council Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office of the General Assembly.
Education: High school diploma
Skills, experience and competencies:
This position requires a person who is/has
- effective communication skills, both oral and written;
- demonstrated time management skills and ability to take initiative;
- ability to work in a consultative and collaborative style;
- demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and the benefits to be derived from working with a broad range of people;
- demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and to increasing intercultural competence;
- ability to effectively manage interpersonal relationships;
- ability to use current technology and equipment.
Sensory or Physical Requirements: Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Ability to travel domestically to attend meetings, conferences, and the biennial General Assembly if needed. Ability to transport and use computer and other technological equipment.
- fluency in Spanish, Korean, or another language.
- additional education and/or applicable experience.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Director of Mid Council Ministries
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1