The national offices of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville Kentucky, serve with mid-councils, congregations, worshipping communities, and partner organizations to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ. Approximately 400 individuals, diverse in race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, skills, and more, come together as colleagues to work for a world where justice reigns, peace prevails, and God’s love extends to all people. This community comprises the staff of several national entities: the Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan Corporation, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, Presbyterian Women, and the Administrative Services Group.
To provide support services for bookkeeping, banking, finance, and operations for the Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Bookkeeping tasks, including journal entry preparation and entry into general ledger software as well as general ledger account reconciliations.
- Daily deposit of checks via remote bank scanner.
- Create, edit, and run reports within banking system software for management team.
- Maintain and coordinate information for quarterly/annual regulatory filings for COO.
- Maintain records on weekly interest rate data from external sources.
- Manage and facilitate uploading customer statements to web payment portal.
- Verification of daily data entry and internal reports within banking system software.
- Maintain and update data entry sheets for banking system in Adobe Acrobat software.
- Assist with reviewing internal processing for loan and investor services departments.
- Other duties, functions, and administrative tasks, including customer service and cross-training with other administrative positions, as may be assigned by VP of Finance or COO.
Essential Position Requirements:
- High school education with additional course work in bookkeeping, administrative, and office computer applications.
- Minimum of three years administrative and bookkeeping experience, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Suite products (specifically Excel); Strong math skills; Understanding of financial information systems; Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in accounting or financial institutions; Working knowledge of Fiserv and/or Blackbaud applications; Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities for work, maintain confidentiality, be detail-oriented, use initiative in time management, and be an effective and collegial team player.
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift 20 lbs.
Additional Information / Benefits
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays.
but with the inclusion of gender identity and sexual orientation as well.
preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Vice President of Finance
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1